Moral issues in business
By: Shaw, William H
Title By: Barry, Vincent E | Issa,Theodora | Catley, Bevan | Muntean, DonataPublisher: South Melbourne, Victoria : Cengage Learning, c2017.Edition: 3rd Asia-Pacific ed.Description: xxii, 541 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.ISBN: 9780170366694Program: COMM101Subject(s): Business ethics | Business ethics -- Case studiesDDC classification: 174.4 SH MO Online resources: Ebook
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Notes||Date due||Barcode||Item holds||Course reserves|
|CRS||Closed Reserve||174.4 SH MO (Browse shelf)||Available||Ebook Available||T0061474|
|3 DAY LOAN||Main Collection||174.4 SH MO (Browse shelf)||Available||T0060381|
|CRS||Closed Reserve||174.4 SH MO (Browse shelf)||Checked out||09/02/2019 16:40||T0060380|
Includes access code for website containing additional resources.
Part I: Seeing the moral dimension in business
1. Seeing the moral dimension of business
2. Normative theories of ethics
Part II: Taking a moral position
3. The nature of capitalism
4. Corporate social responsibility and corporate governance
5. The morality and ethics of consumption
6. International business: moral and ethical issues and globalisation
7. Environmental ethics in business
Part III: Ethics and human talent
8. The organisation: ethical and moral issues
9. Ethics and work
Part IV: Managing business ethics
10. Ethics, leadership and culture
11. Putting it all together: towards moral and ethical decision-making.
In this book, the authors offer a guide to the nature of morality, individual integrity and responsibility, economic justice, concepts of capitalism, and the role of corporations in our society (including their responsibilities to consumers and to the environment), and the real-life moral issues that arise in the workplace.