How to give effective feedback to your students
By: Brookhart, Susan MMaterial type: BookPublisher: Alexandria : ASCD, c2017.Edition: 2nd ed.Description: 145 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.ISBN: 9781416623069Program: EDMS922Subject(s): Teacher-student relationships | Communication in education | Feedback (Psychology)DDC classification: 371.1023 BR HO Online resources: Location Map
|Item type||Home library||Call number||Status||Notes||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|REGULAR||University of Wollongong in Dubai Main Collection||371.1023 BR HO (Browse shelf)||Available||July2018||T0060037|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Feedback : an overview
2. Feedback : the micro view : characteristics of the feedback message
3. Feedback : the micro view : written feedback
4. Feedback : the micro view : oral feedback
5. Feedback : the snapshot view : feedback as an episode of learning
6. Feedback : the long view : does feedback improve learning?
7. Content-specific suggestions for feedback
8. Adjusting feedback for different learners
Properly crafted and individually tailored feedback on student work boosts student achievement across subjects and grades. In this updated and expanded second edition of her best-selling book, Susan M. Brookhart offers enhanced guidance and three lenses for considering the effectiveness of feedback: (1) does it conform to the research, (2) does it offer an episode of learning for the student and teacher, and (3) does the student use the feedback to extend learning?